August 7, 2022
SIMIO receives its first major update after public release:
- The function add_noise works as a wrapper for CASA sm.setnoise in simple noise mode. In other words, you can now add simple thermal noise to your synthetic SIMIO observations.
- The function easy_mod_tclean was modified internally, with gain=0.06, scales=[0, 4, 8, 24], and smallscalebias=0.5. This should improve the computation time it takes to create images, and help obtain smoother images with the TWHya template.
- Tutorials were included to show how to include noise, change source distance, modify single geometric parameters.
- The full documentation was included in git-hub and readthedocs.
- Updated descriptions of all the functions.
March 9, 2022
SIMIO is in its first publicly available version:
- The Fourier Transform routine has been updated to work with the CASA task "ft". The calculation of the visibilities with python galario is still available through the old get_mod_ms function, but get_mod_ms_ft should be preferred.
- The model in ".out" file is now also returned in ".fits" format, with the coordinate information of the template, and the flux scaled to the specified distance.
- Image rotation and inclination options have been added to the visibility calculator that works with CASA ft task.
- Distance can now be set as an independent parameter. The default for target distance is the template distance, but this can be modified when creating a simio_object.
- The flux can be modified to meet any desired value. If you need your final image to have a certain flux (after distance correction), then you can input this flux in the argument rescale_flux of simio_object. The total flux of your source will be multiplied by a scalar to meet your requirement.
March 11, 2022
- Template Elias24 has been added to the ALMA Band 6 section.
- Tutorial to "Create a Template" was added to the webpage, with Elias24 as example.
- Updated webpage with template detailed information.
November 11, 2021.
SIMIO is in its first working version:
- Only available through private request.
- Templates available are HD163296, LkHa330, MYLup, and TWHya in ALMA Band 6 (230GHz). For ALMA Band7 (345GHz), PDS70 is available.
- Fourier Transform routine is based in python galario (Tazzari et al. 2017), which is optimized for speed.